Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kinspiration

So I wanted to show you guys all the plans I have for my kitchen. All of these images are either from Pinterest or Better Homes and Gardens, I don't own any of them.


This picture, even though is technically of a dining room, is my main inspiration for the whole kitchen. I love the contrast of the dark floors, matching countertops and dark gray color of the walls with the white cabinets would look amazing.


Here is another example of that contrast, but the main reason I chose this picture is the giant word. I completely plan on making this for my kitchen, I even have a little wall (that will be hosting our entry table) that has no real purpose because it is too tiny. I plan on making a tutorial for you guys!


The bad thing about ripping out cabinets is you have to pay for whole new cabinets from scratch instead of fixing the ones you have. The good thing is I can build this baby around my fridge. While mine will not be nearly as extravagant, I plan in doing something similar. 


Come on, how awesome is this? I've always thought those white plastic trays were one of the trashiest looking things about kitchens, yet I have one right in my drawer. This, if I can find it, is something I totally plan on getting. Like I said earlier, the sweet part about tearing out cabinets is freedom, the bitter part is the price.


While I don't really like this kitchen, I love the shelf under the cabinets for small appliances and decor, it really frees up counter space, which after living in an apartment that leaves me with half a counter to cook on is a big deal.


And finally, I love the relaxed feel of this kitchen. I definitely want a country cozy look to my kitchen, but I want a seriously modern updated version of that. Make sense? Not to me either, but I look forward to getting my kitchen done finally and seeing what look I'm talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment