Monday, May 20, 2013

D.I.Y. Twine Bottle

So I had myself a little wine night the other day, and ended up falling in love with this bottle. It has an elongated neck, and it is gorgeous. So I knew I was gonna keep it for a project.

I really love the light rustic country look that is trendy right now. All the homes that utilize this have a very homey feel and I really have been trying to find our homes style, and I'm dying for this to be it. I have some decorations already on my entryway table that are rustic, but this twine bottle really completes the look. These things are oodles of money at the store, so my D.I.Y. Saved me a lot of money.

All I had to do was buy the wine bottle, which I had no problem doing. Emma was with Granny for the night. So I had myself an Office marathon and woke up with all the materials I needed to do this awesome craft.

Materials Needed:
Empty Wine Bottle
Twine
Hot Glue Gun/Glue
Scissors

Time Needed:
About an Hour


I began by placing the end of my twine on the bottom of the bottle and hot gluing like crazy! Don't be shy, you're going to want this to be super sturdy. Give it some time to dry and continue.


Then I put a thin line of hot glue around a potion of the bottom of the bottle and put the twine in place before it dries. You have to be kind of quick here, hot glue dries fast!


Placing my hot glue gun tip directly beside the already glued twine, I added another line of glue.


Again, like before, I quickly pushed the twine on top of the glue and repeated the process all the way around the bottle. The twine eventually goes up...


And up...


And up the bottle until you are finished. It was a very lengthy process, I almost quit and took a break just because I was getting bored but I'm glad I stayed put and finished the project.


Get the twine all the way to the top and cut it, leaving about an inch or two of excess. Then stick the excess inside the bottle and pour some hot glue in there. It really rounds the look off when you go all the way to the top.


And WA-LA! You're a crafty master and saved a ton of money. Two things this little mama loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment