Monday, May 6, 2013

D.I.Y. Colored Labels

So I have seen a ton of posts on Pinterest about using chalkboard paint and labels to easily make chalkboard labels (which, when we move into the Leaky Cauldron I totally plan on doing for the pantry, because that is awesome). But, I needed some pretty labels that I intended to keep permanently labeled, and would be shoved into a bag and probably wiped off.

So I just painted my labels a really pretty color and wrote on them with a Sharpie. It is really simple, takes about five minutes plus drying time, and I liked the outcome, although I feel like it could be done a little better if I wanted to spend more time.


Here is what you will need:
Paint (your choice of color)
Paintbrush
Labels
Paper Towel


You just put a tiny dollop of paint on your paper towel and lay your labels on the paper towel as well. This is to prevent mess and have a super easy clean up.


Paint over the labels. I really wanted a brushed look instead of a smooth solid color, so I only applied one layer and didn't pay too much attention to the details.


Then to pizazz them up slightly I added the parenthesis to put around whatever label I came up with. It ended up looking alright, but not great.


And finally, let it dry and you can peel and stick them to whatever you want! I am planning a toddler bag organization post soon so I will be using these for that purpose! I really hope you enjoyed the post!





No comments:

Post a Comment