Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Week In Work Outs (1)

Starting Weight: 143 lbs
So this completely awful (does my nose really look that big?) after work-out bathroom selfie is a way for me to start off my new series on the blog! My Week in Work Outs! I have tried doing this before but ended up moving in with my mother and never working out, but now that I'm really trying to pick up my work out pace, I think this will be really fun! I want to be able to try out all kinds of different diet/workout routines and this is my way to share what I find with you guys and also have you guys hold me accountable. I'm going to do the first week in days that way it is easier to see what I mean later on, but after that this will just be a weekly post. It's possible I'll only do a few weeks but it is better than nothing!

Day One:

I started off the day by fifteen minutes on the stairmaster, level 10 incline and 100 intensity. I did this for fifteen minutes but wasn't really "feeling the burn" so I wanted to switch to something a little more high intensity cardio-ish. So, in my creative mind, I hopped on the treadmill. Wopwop. But I ran 2 miles, the first mile at 6.5, the next half mile at 7.0 and the final half mile at 7.5. I feel like this was fantastic for my first day back. My goal is to "kill myself" at the gym every day.



I made the mistake of not going to the gym with a plan, so I ended up wasting a lot of time meandering around wondering about what I wanted to do. So I ended up just doing some leg stuff. Pretty boring. But first I did this little number, the torso rotation. Blech. More like death in a fun twisty game. I did 25 of these on each side with the weight at 30. 


Then came the thigh squeezimajig (a really technical term). You sit on this bad boy, wrap your legs around the two pieces and squeeeezzzzeee. It hurts. But inner thigh gap here I come! I did 50 of these with the weight at 70.


Then the opposite of the spectrum came along. The side butt pusher (I'll look up the real names of these, I promise). 


In this exercise you basically sit in between those things and use your outer thigh/side butt muscles to push it out. This one gives me a cramp every time so there is a big possibility I'm not doing it right. But I did 50, 20 at a weight of 70 and 30 at a weight of 60 because it was really hurting. I couldn't walk for like an hour.


Working out sucks. Looking/feeling fantastic is worth it eventually though. So I am trying really hard to stick with it this time and maintain a healthy diet. Because it is up to me to be a role model to Emma, and a rockin hot wife to my husband, and an all around more confident healthy person for myself. What reason are you hitting the gym this week?

My food goal this week:
Cut out all drinks but coffee and water.

*Disclaimer: I am in no way a doctor/physical therapist/workout expert. I am simply sharing my work out experiences. Consult with a doctor before beginning any work out routine and know that what works for me may not work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment