Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I Saw It On Pinterest (1) | DIY Clothespin Picture Frame


I saw this project on Pinterest {specifically here} and I knew right away I wanted to try it out. It has taken me a while to finally get to it, but that is really how pinterest goes.

It begins with any old hunk of cardboard. I went into our cupboard under the stairs and dug out an old box from a grill we bought ages ago. I don't even know why it was still in there but WALAH it was and now I have some fancy decorations from it. Sometimes clutter is a win.



I looked around my house for two bowls that I could use to trace a large circle for the outside and a smaller circle on the inside. Simple enough. Then I had to cut them out. I just used a serrated knife and this was a breeze. I was a little worried about the inside circle, but using a knife instead of scissors made this a breeze. I didn't have to worry about cutting through the piece of the cardboard I wanted to keep or bending it to get scissors inside.


This is what I ended up with so far, pretty cool right? I was a little uneven in my bowl/tracing placement, but this can easily be avoided in your project and I don't think will be too noticeable once I add pictures. Next you have to glue on your clothespins. You want to make sure you glue them with the actual opening out to hold the pictures. I used hot glue and I don't recommend it.


Finally, I wanted to add some color instead of the pancake background. So I tried my gold metallic finish spray paint for the first time! I am going to be buying that stuff by the gallon soon because it is so fantastic. It made for such a great finished product. 


And here is the finished product! This was a lot of fun to do, I can't wait to continue to make stuff with that metallic paint. And this is going to perfect for my photo collage wall. It adds just enough flair! Let me know if you guys end up doing this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment