Sunday, April 28, 2013

Leaky Cauldron (2) - A Home Update

So unfortunately, not a lot has been finished over at the Leaky Cauldron. The family friend we had completing a lot of the projects ended up being a little too sneaky for us, so we have hired someone new who we are hoping is up to completing the task.

We had a super frustrating yet fulfilling day today in LC world.

First the hubs and I went to our local IKEA to price cabinets. Boy, was that a headache. I finally understand why everyone says its a great store but you have to put everything together. Having only bought furniture before, I'm like uh duh. But now that I've tried to buy something real there, I understand how hard it is to remodel there. You have to pick out handles and cabinet fronts, the bases and counter tops, how many drawers and a lot more. And none of it is in an area all together.

After that nightmare we went to Lowes to check out floors.

We ended up picking out the floor for the kitchen and hallway. It's the same color we are planning on getting the countertop with.

This is the look I am going for.

So this is the floor we picked out.

I love it! I can't wait for everything to finally get started and I can start seeing everything coming together. As of right now its a mess and its looking like we may have to extend our lease for a month or move in with the fam until its completed. Something Emma would love, but would really mess up our schedules.

Ill keep you updated! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment