Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Craft Haul (April)

So I went to the heavens of crafting world today, Hobby Lobby. I've just been in a really creative mood and have been dying to do some serious crafting. But since I have been focusing in so much else lately my craft supplies have diminished. Leaving me with nothing to just pick up and create with.

So I got a couple of things I've really been wanting to do, and with my coupon, it was all just fifteen bucks.

The first thing I got, which I just thought of making when I saw this super cheap yellow leather rope was making my own wrap bracelet. I have been wanting one forever, but they charge you like fifteen dollars for one, pretty much where ever I look, because they are so popular. So I spent $1.99 on my charm (the peace sign), $2.47 on the yellow leather that will actually make the bracelet, and $1.47 for two clasps, so I can make something else later too.


The next thing I got I was really excited for. When Stacy and I were at our local bookstore we saw these totally awesome tote bags that had book related things on them. Problem was, they were $30.00. I almost got one anyways, because I really loved them. But I decided to hold off and I am glad I did. I got a tote bag double the size with two front pockets for $4.99. I bought paint for about $1.50 each so I can paint the quotes on myself and spent 1/3 of the cost.



The last thing I got I was also super excited to find (maybe its just crafts that make me excited?)  This twine cost $3.50 for 400 yards. While it is kind of thin and will take a lot for the craft I want to do, it was such a cheap price that I couldn't pass it up. When I looked at Wal-mart for twine I was turned off from the craft immediately because the twine there was so expensive, and I was super bummed out because I love the country look that is so trendy for houses right now.


So what have you guys been spending your crafting energy and money on lately? Send me a picture on twitter, instagram or tell me about it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment