Sunday, September 23, 2012

Flea Market Finds (1)

So I spent the weekend mostly shopping with my family. First we went to the mall and got Emma all set up for autumn clothes-wise. Which was amazing, because she was finally starting to grow out of all her stuff (We haven't had to buy anything except for extra stuff we just wanted yet! We had so much left over from the baby shower!) But finally, we got to go get her a little wardrobe of our choosing.


Then yesterday we went to a flea market about an hour from my moms house. I spent about 40 dollars and got some really cute things.


First, I got this slate sign that says, "Together is where our story begins." So cute, right? I've only been moved out for less than a year, so I'm trying really hard to build a strong collection of decorations. I couldn't refuse this awesome piece.


The next thing that I got was an adorable chalk board for the kitchen. They had so many cute ones that needed to stand up, and unfortunately I have the smallest kitchen in the world (you'll hear me complain about this on several occasions) and have literally no room to put anything else. So I had to buy one that I could hang on the wall. And again, they had a gorgeous one I really wanted, but it was $50.00 and I wasn't willing to go that expensive. So I got this really cute one that was originally priced at $17.95 but I paid $16.00 including tax. It says, "Home of the Brave" on it, but I think I may paint over it. Not that I'm not patriotic, but I'm planning on writing dinner stuff on it, so I may paint something related on it. This was made out of an old cabinet door. Nifty, no?


I also got this awesome recipe box. I have been struggling to figure out a way to keep my recipes organized, and I saw this and knew I had to have it. I didn't buy it at first, but went back and got it at the end of they day because I couldn't get my mind off of it. I only paid ten dollars and they were asking $13.00.

All in all, I'm going to say I had a very productive weekend for my little family! How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. I love flea markets! You can find so many great things there! I have this awesome embroidered black denim jacket from a big flea market! And I have a copy of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights from the 1940s that I got for a $1 each!

    ReplyDelete