Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Resolutions

Usually, I am not a big fan of resolutions. I don't think you should have to wait for a new year to try and change yourself for the better. But I have big plans for myself this year now that I have finally got into the swing of having a baby.

1. Try to eat healthier and exercise.
I suspect that this is 90% of America's resolutions for the new year. And has probably been my resolution every Monday since I gave birth. But I keep feeling that I need change in my health, or one day I will regret it. Not only for myself, but for Emma. If I can teach her good eating habits she won't have this constant struggle with food that I have had my whole life. Not to mention, I feel so groggy. And it isn't for lack of sleep. Its because of the crap I'm putting into my body. So I am not going to try and diet, I am just going to start making healthier choices when it comes to food and allowing myself the treats I crave every once in a while. I don't want anything drastic, I want a lifestyle change. This is supposed to be my temple, and right now, it is a trailer.

2. Get Emma into her crib at night.
This is a big one. I really don't actually WANT to do this. I don't think it is worth it with the risk of SIDS until a year old. But, her bassinet is starting to be much too small, and I think it is something that would be good to do for her before she really knows, any more than she already does, what cuddling with mommy all night would be like. I feel like it is the adult thing to do.

3. Consider getting a job.
This is another big one. When I got pregnant I refused to think about not being a stay at home mommy. My mom was a stay at home mom and I feel like I am a much better person for it. I spent all day with the person who had unconditional love for me and would do anything for me which was very good for me. So I am trying to juggle whether or not financial security (like being able to provide Emma with literally EVERYTHING she needs, pay off a lot of our debt, and be able to start a college fund for her) or being able to raise Emma all on my own is more important.

4. Trying to become a little more "adult."
I realized that I have not been very adult in my life so far. I'm lazy, the house is messy even when I have extra time to clean it, and I am making minimal efforts in most things in my life. I am doing the 'Murica way of life instead of how I always pictured myself being in my twenties when I was married and starting a family. So it is time to start being more organized, less lazy, and more on top of my commitments.

5. Remain in school. And keep good grades.
I loved being in school last semester. Not only that, but I loved getting all As (except that one B). So I plan on keeping that up this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment