Saturday, November 24, 2012

Weight Loss Goals and Plans

So, in case you did not know, six months ago, I had a baby. SURPRISE!

Also, in case you did not know, having a baby really effs up your physique. SURPRISE AGAIN!

I am someone who has always been incredibly physically conscious. I am not saying I was ever in the greatest of shape or looked amazing, but I always tried to be as healthy looking as possible.

It has never been easy for me. I do not have a high metabolism and I am not one of those awful girls (am I green yet?) who can eat whatever they want whenever they want and wear a size two jeans. If I eat gross food, or even if I eat a lot of healthy food, I have to exercise to keep my weight down.

So it was incredibly hard for me when I had a baby. I was always wanting to eat something, and not allowed to work out. I definitely packed on the pounds and stretched out the skin. Yuck. Now that I've finally got Emma into a normal bed time routine and purchased a monthly gym membership, I plan on trying to get back into a skin I will feel confident in.

Now let me say this, and STRESS this. I do not think a woman has to be skinny to be beautiful. Not in the least. I know several women who are overweight (to an extent that isn't hazardous to their health) and I think they are gorgeous because they own their weight and are not ashamed of it. They are confident and happy, and I think that is what makes them beautiful. Unfortunately, I am not confident unless I am in a certain shape.

So, I am going on a diet and starting a fitness plan. And I thought I'd share it with you so maybe you can give me some pointers or I can help you figure things out.

Diet:
Okay, so this sucks. I hate dieting and I usually fail at them. Miserably. I am firm proof of the theory that if you try to deny yourself something for so long (like chocolate) you will just end up eating more of it (like cookies.) However, I am going to try.

I am not doing anything unhealthy. I am not doing any crash dieting. I am simply counting calories for the next month or so if I can last that long. There is a great website (and if you live in this century and have a smart phone unlike me, you can even download an awesome app) called My Fitness Pal. You put in all your info and goals, and it helps you keep track of your calories and exercises so you can lose weight with a little less effort.

Exercise:
Like I said, I have a gym membership. I plan on running 2-3 miles at least 5 times a week and every night I go I'd like to work on another part of my body. For example, tonight I plan on doing only ab machines on top of running. Tomorrow I plan on doing legs, and the next day arms. That way I don't peak.

Right now I weigh 140 lbs, and my goal is to get to 125. Lets see if we can do it together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment