Wednesday, May 1, 2013

D.I.Y. Wrap Bracelets

So here I am with one of my first tutorials! I made it with some of the craft materials that I bought yesterday and I am super in love with it. I plan on going back and getting more after pay day. This was such a cheap fun thing to make that took like ten minutes. I ended up with a really awesome bracelet I would have paid $12-$17 for at the stores!


I made my own wrap bracelet! These things are "all the rage" right now and I really love the hippie/boho look they give. Nothing like layering on the bracelets to accomplish a really fun summer look.


Here is what you need:
Scissors
Some sort of leather string (or really whatever you want your bracelet to be made of, as long as it is long!)
Charm/charms
A Rope Toggle
4 Circle Jewelry Clasps


The charm I bought was originally supposed to hang from a bracelet rather than held from the middle, so I just cut off the top loop with scissors. It was really simple, obviously if your charm does not have this you can skip this step.


Next I folded my rope in half and snipped the end (above) so I could have two even pieces. I folded those in half too (below).




Then I took the folded end of my rope and looped it through the charm. I put it over the charm and pulled it under. If you are going for a different look you can look it up from the back too, but I preferred this fold for the front.


Then I took the cut end of the rope and pushed it through the loop without removing it from the charm. Pull tight and you have your charm attached. Repeat for both sides.


Next I took the loose end of the rope (it doesn't matter which one you start with, you'll be doing the same thing with all ends) and tied it around one of my circle clasps. Pull it as tight as you can get it.


Next, attach your circle clasp to one end of your rope toggle. That is one strange sentence.


And repeat. Exciting stuff!


I snipped the excess string for a neater look, I suppose this is optional.


And repeat the tying of the rope and the attaching of the circle clasps to the rope toggle.


Wala! You're done! You have a totally awesome wrap bracelet you made yourself!


Send me pictures of your completed wrap bracelets on my instagram or twitter. I'd love to see them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment